Friday, January 06, 2006

Why Tools? aka The Reason For A "System"

There's a definite philosophy that goes into showing the plan. Why things are done in the order they are, why the person seeing the plan is asked what they would do with extra income, why disintermediation is explained and why the McDonald's example is given. It seems to be that some people believe that having a philosophy and vision behind how a plan is shown is because the attempt it to attempt, trick or deceive the potential IBO into "buying in" to what the speaker is saying. All I can say to that is this: have you ever interviewed for a job? Is it off base to think that the interviewer had a reason, maybe a vision behind asking the questions they asked? Are you aware of the interview process for prospective NFL pros coming out of college? Teams are looking for athletes that will fit in with the vision they have for the organization. If you never played a Cover 2 defense in college and all Tampa plays is a cover 2, they're probably going to discuss the philosophy of the Cover 2 and ask you questions to gauge your ability to catch on or your desire to want to catch on. The process is no different when you're being shown the plan.

I tell you that to tell you this: There is a reason that Hamburger University is emphasized as an integral part of the McDonald's franchise system. Go to the business section of any bookstore and look for books on franchising. Seek out any entrepreneurial magazine with franchising information on it. The story is the same - you have to be educated on the franchise system you are getting involved in, regardless of what you've done before buying the business. If you don't want to go to Hamburger University, you don't get to own a McDonalds. Period. Now, getting involved with Quixtar will not require spending between one and four months training before you can begin your business. The training is on-going and allows you to be up-and-running on day one. However, without it, you have about as much a chance of success as buying a McDonalds and skipping Hamburger U. You'll figure some of it out, but you'll have no idea what it takes to properly run it so that it is continually successful. Besides, why would you want to figure it out all on your own? The whole point of getting involved with a franchise is the fact that all it takes is duplicating the successful techniques of those that came before you.

It can be understandable that after years of seeing business being defined as involving a brick and mortar building, employees and stocked shelves, grasping the concept that this opportunity is a legitimate business takes some personal evolvement. That is the realism of s-curve economics. The way business is done is continually changing. More and more people telecommute to work than ever before. There are more home-based business than ever before. This is a real life business people. As such, there are going to be expenses, and your education is one of them. Considering the fact that by taking advantage of the education system can make you a multimillionaire, I would call it an investment over an expense, though. College is an investment. B-school is an investment. Listening to a CD buy an Emerald or Diamond in the business is an investment. Reading from a "personal growth" book is an investment. I just assumed that unless I did what was asked of me by my sponsor, unless I followed the Eagle steps, I had only myself to blame for a lack of success. I can't count the number of times that I stuck around a night owl just a little longer, or stayed up chasing bigger pins around at a function and heard something said that made me thankful I was there. Heard something that I was able to take and implement in my own business. If I'm not there, I don't hear it and I miss out. Quixtar didn't put on that event. BWW did.

The biggest question I get asked when I show the plan is, "what do I do now?" People want to see how the business works. They want to know who is on the business team they are on. They want to know who they are getting involved with. Quixtar provides the best, easiest to use online shopping site I've ever seen. The Ditto program is outstanding and their customer service is exemplary. But they don't provide anything to answer the "wants" expressed by most new people. Yes, everyone wants to see the site, but the next question is always, "now what?" Without BWW, the Tuesday meetings don't exist. The credible upline doesn't exist. The thought process behind how to actually build this business doesn't exist.

One IBO

Comments:
Nope. I am not an official spokesperson for either BWW or the Winters Group. I have met and spoken with Larry on several occassions away from large group settings, but I have no personal experiences with Bill Britt. Any comment I would make would be pure speculation.

What I will say is that Larry has an incredibly edifiable business and honestly wants those that start down this path to succeed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?