Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Be Willing To Go Through The Numbers

This has just been on my head lately. We just experienced another burst of growth that we had a personal hand in (in other words, it wasn't sparked in depth.) To an outside observer or a naysayer, the growth came out of luck or being "in the right place" at "the right time." If you consider being outside of my home offering the opportunity with people being in the right place at the right time, then yes, I was in the right place at the right time.

It doesn't take a magical or extraordinary level of determination to keep going through the mechanics of the business as you search for people that truly have an interest in building it. The importance of what you're trying to accomplish or fear of not accomplishing always gives the determination necessary if you're serious about what you want to accomplish. Since I've been involved in this business and have literally and with my own eyes watched men and women retire from their day jobs, the concept of working any longer than I have to turns my stomach. I know the successes in my upline had to go through numbers to find the real people. I've watched some of it happen with their businesses, yet they've always continued to meet people, continued to offer this opportunity to new people.

I personally showed the plan a good number of times before finding the person that has been the basis for our current growth spurt. Not only has he had special growth in his business, but to make sure I set an example, I have fought to add additional people in my width. He knows I can work anywhere I want, and therefore he and his new people respect my time much better. When I met him, I wasn't even planning on doing much contacting, but I hadn't hit my personal conversations goal for the day, so I stayed out and about on a rainy day when most people were trying to go home. He saw the plan, got excited and is currently on pace to hit 7500 pts in the next 3-4 months.

Your growth is out there for you too. "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." When it's not working - when people aren't getting excited, or you're getting some "no's" - that't the time to turn it up! If you slow down during this period, you'll feel even further in the dumps. Baseball players don't stop swinging the bat because they're in a slump. Basketball players with good jump shots keep shooting, even if their shot is a little off. Your next yes is just around the corner. Stick out your hand.

OneIBO

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?